Thursday, October 28, 2010

The fireplace

With winter upon us, we often see a fireplace as a focal point in design mags. I actually have a massive, freestanding fireplace that is made of field stone, painted white. The stone and the fact that it is painted white gives it a cottage look. I have been looking for design ideas. A friend of mine, Pam at How To Run Your Life suggests covering it. And I do like the idea, especially the one that is wood. It looks so clean and contemporary. Or, she says, cover it with metal for an industrial look (I dig this too!), or even make it look like a kiva. I like her style! Here are some of the wonderful fireplace images I have come across while wandering through ideas.

This fireplace is similar to mine in that it dominates the room. Mine, however is not so "neat" looking.

Living area
Jamie Kosich Design

Here is an idea for a sort of covering. I like this!

Haesloop Architects
Jamie Kosich Design

So nice!

CH&H2
Evergreenhill

Nice room and I love this mantle!

The rearranged Living Room
Candi Mandi

O.M.G!!!!! This room is fabulous!

Swedish Guys amazing Fireplace
The 10¢ Designer

Looks cozy

best seat
shopursula

P1010635
afewthingsfrommylife

home today
afewthingsfrommylife

palladian living
lakbdesign/fergusandme


thesmartestfish

This color is like the sky...I LOVE it!
Christmas 2009
Christianna's Earthly Delights

No comments:

Post a Comment